Welcome!

Thanks for checking out our blog! Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and TeachersPayTeachers!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Math App review: Friendly Shapes

Wanted to share with you all an app that I (and my K kiddos) are currently loving: Friendly Shapes by TabTale! It incorporates both reading and math with lots of fun interactive scenes and great shape recognition practice!! The free version is wonderful on its own if you are on a tight school budget like me, otherwise the paid full version has some great add-ons as well.  Check it out in iTunes: Friendly Shapes  Check out the app packet we created to help extend the learning from Friendly Shapes at our TPT store.  I used the matching shape cards today and they were a HUGE hit! I love being able to take the 'hook' of the iPod apps and transfer that intrigue from my students to further their knowledge. Teaching with technology is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment