Welcome!

Thanks for checking out our blog! Please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and TeachersPayTeachers!

Monday, October 1, 2012

We are still here...promise!

First of all-we have to apologize to all of you! We have been missing for the last few weeks and we are so very sorry! Between Angie working hard at her new Tech Integrationist position and my switching schools, it has been a uber busy start to the school year! To be honest, we both have been getting home the last few weeks and crashed (a 8 o'clock bedtime isn't that lame---right?!?!?) But I promise we haven't given up on you or our mission to help elementary teachers integrate technology easily and successfully into their classrooms!
This week I have been working hard on a grant proposal to obtain a small group set of iPods for my classroom. My new school does have some iPods for us to use, but to have a set that I can use during both my math and reading times every day would be HUGE! So if you are like me and trying to obtain more (or your 1st set) of iPods to use in the classroom, I thought I would share with you a few different options for grants out there.
Heres some of what I've found:
***A great article titled 5 Opportunities to Get iPods Into Your Classroom. Gives good info on how to start obtaining iPods/iPads to use in your classroom.
***Donorschoose.org I'm currently working on writing my own proposal for here. Might as well try and get it out there!
***Your school's PTA and/or other school/community groups

Also, from what I read, it is worth the effort to ask for donations from your local businesses-ie Walmart, Target, Best Buy or whatever you have near. These businesses may be willing to donate even 1 iPod or iPad (hey you got to start somewhere!), even if it is refurbished it will still work for the classroom! Another great idea-ask people to donate their old iPods as they are upgrading to new ones. Its a tax write off for them and a great way for you to bring in the community as well!
Good luck hunting down those iPods! If you know of any other ways to get iPods into classrooms let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment